With all the different group health insurance plans out there, finding the cheapest plan with the best coverage can be a real pain in the you-know-what. Here's an easy way to find cheap group health insurance quotes online.
Group Health Insurance Plans
Before you go shopping for group health insurance the first thing you need to do is sit down and figure out what type of insurance and what kinds of coverage you really need.
Most employers opt for managed health care plans - HMOs, PPOs, and POSs. These plans provide you with a network of health care providers which everyone in the plan goes to when they're ill.
HMOs restrict you to using physicians within the network, while PPOs and POSs let you see non-network physicians for an extra fee. HMOs are the cheapest of the managed health care plans.
Group Health Insurance Coverage
Group health insurance plans all come with different coverages. Here are the main coverages you should consider:
- Hospital coverage pays for your hospital room and medical services.
- Surgical coverage pays for surgeons fees and surgical expenses.
- Physicians coverage pays for doctors' office visits and hospital visits.
- Major medical coverage pays for catastrophic injury or illness expenses.
- Prescription drug coverage pays for all or part of prescription drug costs.
The difference in group health insurance plans from one insurance company to another can be $1,000 per person or more, so the first step toward getting cheap group health insurance is to comparison shop.
Thanks to the Internet you don't have to visit a bunch of insurance companies or call their agents on the phone. All it takes is a couple of clicks of your mouse to get group insurance quotes from companies in your area.
By Brian Stevens Published: 4/11/2007