What should I be aware of when it comes to traveling?
Many people worry about fitting their clothes into their suitcase, rather than trying to think about other issues. You should be glad that's not you.
Here are some tips that will help you be ready for whatever the road throws at you:
- Worry about insurance.
- At times, travel insurance is offered directly at the airport. You might want to check into that.
- Avoid over-packing.
- If you can't get any sleep in the airplane, and if you are having a long flight, you might want to contact your doctor and ask for some sort of medication that will help you sleep.
- Try taking some sort of entertainment with you to avoid thinking about nausea, or having disturbing thoughts in the airplane.
- Make sure that you carry cash with you - there might be problems with credit cards or checking accounts. It would be more convenient to bring cash that is welcome all the time.
- Get some sleep before your flight.
- Set the alarm so you don't miss your flight.
- Pack some sort of a snack with you - airplane food might not be your favorite dish.
- Be prepared with insurance and other things while being on the airplane.
- Make sure that you bring something to read.
- You might want to bring a laptop or something to work with on the airplane.
- You are going to have a lot of free time on your hands, so make the best of it.
- Try asking your doctor for certain medication against nausea.
- Make sure that you know how to handle yourself on the airplane.
- If you are going on another method of transportation, make sure that you are still
prepared and ready to go.