Let's face it: the advantages of having internet at home truly are great. It makes our lives a whole lot easier both for business and personal reasons. However, there are certain disadvantages for shopping online.
Here are some reasons why you might want to avoid shopping for insurance online:
- The internet has many "fake' insurance companies.
- Giving your credit card number or other information is at times dangerous and might be a fake website.
- You might not realize that you are purchasing something completely different online.
- You can't talk to a customer representative online and therefore have no proof that this company exists.
- There might be viruses online that might totally destruct your computer and the files.
However, there is a good side to shopping online as well. Here are some advantages to shopping on the internet for insurance:
- It's easy to compare rates.
- There is plenty of information on each type of policy.
- You can easily find a policy that will fit your needs and your lifestyle.
- Shopping online is a lot faster.
- Shopping online is sometimes cheaper and has its own discounts because the insurance companies don't have to hire brokers.
- You can get quotes online a lot faster.
- You can compare prices and insurance terms online fast.
- No waiting .
- No call-backs from the insurance company.