Health insurance rates in
Health Insurance Options
You have a number of options when it comes to health insurance in
State Funded Insurance
The state of
1. Have children under age 19 who live with you.
2. Have an income that's under a certain limit.
3. Have no health insurance.
To Find out if you're eligible for Badger Care, visit
There are two basic types of health insurance in
Indemnity plans, also known as fee-for-service plans, let you choose your own doctor and hospital. You must pay a deductible before your insurance company will pay a claim - usually $500 to $1,500 - then your insurer will pay 80% of the cost and you'll pay the remaining 20%. Indemnity plans are the most expensive of all the health insurance plans.
There are three basic types of managed health car plans:
- HMOs (Health Maintenance Organizations) assign you to a network of hospitals and doctors who are responsible for your care. You pay a monthly premium and a small co-payment for each doctor visit, usually $5 to $10. You must choose a primary care physician who oversees your care, you can only see network doctors, and you must get a referral from your primary care physician to see a specialist. HMOs are the cheapest of all the health insurance plans.
- PPOs (Preferred Provider Organizations) assign you to a network of hospitals and doctors, but you may see non-network doctors for an added fee, and you may see specialists with your network without getting permission from your primary care physician. You pay a small co-payment for each doctor visit, usually $5 to $10. PPOs cost slightly more than HMOs.
- POSs (Point of Service Plans) assign you to a network of hospitals and doctors, but you may see a non-network doctor or specialist if your primary care physician refers you. POSs offer more preventive care and health maintenance services than HMOs or PPOs, and cost slightly more than either of these plans.
Getting an affordable
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/health-insurance.html or click on the following link to get affordable
by Brian Stevens