1. All states have a department that is responsible for insurance there and are always there for all insurance buyers in the state. If you need unbiased information you can rely on, this is the place to go. The more you understand what to do in health insurance, the easier it is to save much.
2. A truly good option is to ask those whom you trust -- People who are already your friends and acquaintances. What was the value they got from the insurer they switched from and what quality of service do they get from their current agent or insurance company? Your search for the best insurer for you becomes easier if they show great satisfaction with their insurer or agent. All you'd have to do is simply shortlist them as possible options for you.
Notwithstanding the fact that it is wise to quickly settle for an insurer or agent that has been highly recommended by your friend, it also pays to have a chat with more than one great agent. This will ensure you do better comparison for the best service and quotes. Obtain and evaluate quotes from as many recommended agents as you can. Have some talk with each one of them and then decide on who has not just the lowest quotes, but the best price/value. Although this process is quite effective, it will require a lot of time to accomplish.
3. Consumer guides are truly valuable resources for anyone shopping for insurance. They will help you know price ranges. They also give great advice that will help you save and get the best value in health insurance.
Although they tell you insurance companies who have the best prices, the figures they give are generally estimates or for a particular profile. Because of this, do your best to request quotes from as many agents as you can handle. More quotes increase the chances that you'll get better quotes and value.
4. Get your health insurance policy from an insurance company that has an excellent track record. You don't want to get hooked with an insurance company that will leave you stranded midway.
Different insurance companies have different approaches to business. These shape their inclinations. Ensure you are comfortable with the insurance company you intend to settle for. Find out their standing using different unaffiliated research companies.
5. You might save some hundreds of dollars by simply receiving and evaluating quotes from about three quotes sites. And, it will require just about 15 minutes on the whole.
By Chimezirim Chinecherem Odimba